By Marcie Hemmelstein
We all have heard companies talk about their mission statements. We also know that some may struggle to live up to the words they have written. We are different and have not created a formal mission statement. Our mission statement is part of the fabric of our company. We have always lived and worked by certain ideals and principles.
- We have a dedication and commitment to our customers, offering an unprecedented money-back guarantee.
- We value quality and innovation, pioneering technological advancements, new processes, and developing specialized equipment to meet customers’ changing needs.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity in all our actions and dealings with customers and government agencies.
- We provide best-in-class specialized regional services in sewer system maintenance, water supply maintenance and soil/sludge remediation to maintain critical environmental infrastructure.
- We consider ourselves environmental stewards, providing vital environmental maintenance services for long-term sustainability.
- We value all our employees, consider them family and know our success is 100% dependent on having the best people working together to meet our customers’ needs.
- We give back to the communities where we live and work.
We have not needed to write down a mission statement or to put a poster on a wall. We know what we value. We are proud to say that we work and live today and will continue to be guided in the future by the same principles established 70 years ago by our founder, Julius Hemmelstein.
Marcie Hemmelstein is the CEO of Carylon Corporation, the industry-leading national organization of best-in-class regional operating companies that offer specialized services in sewer system maintenance, water supply maintenance and soil/sludge remediation to maintain critical environmental infrastructure.